Certification as a commercial or public applicator is required when pesticides (e.g., chlorine, bromine, algaecide) are being applied to public swimming pools in Pennsylvania.
Your registration fee includes (2) textbooks, Core & Category 24 training video access, 2-hour review session, and Core & Category 24 exams.
- Upon registration, access to training videos will be provided to aid in student self-preparation and study.
- B&R experts will conduct a 2-hour review just prior to the exam to help aid in memory recall.
- The review session runs from 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m., followed by the Dept. of Agriculture administering the exams.
- Testing must be completed within a 3-hour window.
- Certification requires the passing of 2, 50-question, closed-book exams. Advance self-study is required.
- Exams are graded in Harrisburg, and it can take upwards of 4-6 weeks to receive your results.
Note: This class is only for those individuals who do NOT currently hold a Pesticide Applicator license.
INDEPENDENT STUDY OPTION
B&R Pools carries a small inventory of the Core and Category 24 course books, which are required reading for Swimming Pool Pesticide Applicator certification. We also offer recorded lectures to aid in your self-study. The books are training are available for $170.
You can register directly with the PA Department of Agriculture to take the exams: