B&R Pools helps you meet your pool compliance requirements in Pennsylvania by offering the necessary certification classes throughout the year.
➡In Allegheny County, a CPO & Bathing Place Manager must visit the facility once each day of operation.
➡In Pennsylvania, a person must have a valid Pesticide Applicator license (Category 24) to add a registered pesticide (chlorine, bromine, algaecide) to a commercial pool.
2024 Dates available in February
CPO and Pesticide Applicator Certification classes may be held at Etna Fugh Hall ~ 27 Crescent Street ~ 15223. A blended format class is available for the CPO where you complete 8 hours of self-paced online training and attend in-person class on the 2nd day.
- TBD, March 2024 – Certified Pool & Spa Operator ~ 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- TBD, April 2024 – Certified Pool & Spa Operator ~ 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- TBD, April 2024 – Pesticide Applicator Core & Category 24 Closed Book Exams and Review Session ~ 8:30 – 12:00 review; examination period concludes no later than 4:00 pm
- TBD, May 2024 – Certified Pool & Spa Operator ~ 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- TBD, May 2024 – Pesticide Applicator Core & Category 24 Closed Book Exams and Review Session ~ 8:30 – 12:00 review; examination period concludes no later than 4:00 pm
Advance Registration is Required for All Classes:
- All class registrations must be paid in full via check or credit card at the time of registration.
- Effective 9/1/23 any card transactions processed manually via a printed registration form will be assessed a 3% surcharge.
- We are unable to invoice for classes.
- Registration closes 2 weeks before the class date.
- We reserve the right to cancel a class if a minimum threshold of 15 students is not met.
Cancellation, Substitution and Transfer Policy:
- You may request, in writing, to cancel your registration up to two weeks prior to your class start date and receive a refund less a materials fee ($100 2-Day CPO, $150 CPO Fusion, $150 Pesticide).
- You may request, in writing, to send a substitute registrant at any time for the CPO. Substitution within two weeks of the Pesticide exam requires approval by the PA Department of Agriculture.
- You may request to transfer to a future class with payment of a $60 change fee, provided the request is received in writing no later than 48 hours prior to the start of class, any applicable price increases will be assessed at the time of re-registration.
- There are no refunds, cancellations or transfers permitted within 48 hours of the class start.