B&R Pools helps you meet your pool compliance requirements in Pennsylvania by offering the necessary certification classes throughout the year.
➡In Allegheny County, a CPO & Bathing Place Manager must visit the facility once each day of operation.
➡In Pennsylvania, a person must have a valid Pesticide Applicator license to add a registered pesticide (chlorine, bromine, algaecide) to a commercial pool.
Spring 2021 Dates ~ The Edgewood Club ~ 1 Pennwood Ave ~ 15218
April 20-21 (Tues/Wed): Certified Pool Operator Class & Exam – 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.Class Filled
- April 22 (Thurs): Certified Pool Operator Recertification (1 Day Class for Current CPOs)/ Pool Operator Fusion – 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
April 27-28 (Tues/Wed): Pesticide Applicator Review & Exam – 8:30 – 3:30 Day 1; 8:30 – 12:00 or 12:30 – 4:00 Day 2CLASS FILLED
- May 3-4 (Mon/Tues): Certified Pool Operator Class & Exam – 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (4/1/21: 4 SEATS OPEN)
- May 11-12 (Tues/Wed): Pesticide Applicator Review & Exam – 8:30 – 3:30 Day 1; 8:30 – 12:00 or 12:30 – 4:00 Day 2
- May 17-18 (Mon/Tues): Certified Pool Operator Class & Exam – 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- May 25-26 (Tues/Wed): Pesticide Applicator Review & Exam – 8:30 – 3:30 Day 1; 8:30 – 12:00 or 12:30 – 4:00 Day 2
All 2-Day In-Person CPO classes and the 1-Day Recertification/Fusion class on 4/22 are registered with the PA Department of Agriculture to provide (6) Core and (4) Category 24 credits. All CPO Classes will present Allegheny County Article IX Bathing Place Manager codes and provide an opportunity to take the Bathing Place Manager exam. A separate application fee payable to Allegheny County is required after the class.
THE FINE PRINT
– CPO classes will be limited to allow for 6 feet of distancing.
– Pesticide classes will be limited to a maximum of 20 students. Exams are administered on the second day in morning and afternoon sessions (9:00 – 12:00, 1:00 – 4:00) of 10 students each. Exam time slots will be assigned after registration is complete.
– Please read the Cancellation Policy below!
Advance Registration is Required for All B&R Pools Classes:
- All class registrations must be paid in full via check or credit card at the time of registration.
- Fees: CPO $360 or $390 (Blended format); Pesticide $335
- We are unable to invoice for classes.
- Registration closes 2 weeks before the class date.
- We reserve the right to cancel a class if minimum thresholds are not met.
During these unprecedented times and facing strict capacity limits, we have had to make some changes to our cancellation policy. Please review these carefully before registering.
– You may cancel up to two weeks in advance of the CPO class and three weeks in advance of the Pesticide class and will be refunded less the cost of courseware, shipping and processing fees. Courseware is non-refundable.
–CPO: If you are unable to attend your CPO class due to illness or quarantine, you may attend virtually with one day’s advance notice and a $20 online testing fee or be placed on a wait list for a future class date. Wait-listed students will be admitted when space permits, no sooner than 5 business days prior to a future class date. A substitute may attend in your place if we are notified prior to the start of class. A failure to attend without notice before the start of the class will result in a forfeiture of fees paid.
–Pesticide: If you are unable to attend your Pesticide class due to illness or quarantine, you will need to register for an examination date directly with the PA Department of Agriculture. You may attend your scheduled review session virtually or be placed on the waitlist for a future Pesticide Review class. Regardless of which option you choose for the class, we will refund your $60 examination fee, which you will pay directly to the PA Department of Agriculture when you test with them. A failure to attend without notice before the start of the class will result in a forfeiture of fees paid.