B&R Pools helps you meet your pool compliance requirements in Pennsylvania by offering the necessary certification classes throughout the year.
➡In Allegheny County, a CPO & Bathing Place Manager must visit the facility once each day of operation.
➡In Pennsylvania, a person must have a valid Pesticide Applicator license (Category 24) to add a registered pesticide (chlorine, bromine, algaecide) to a commercial pool.
Summer 2023 Class Dates
CPO and Pesticide Applicator Certification classes will be held at Etna Fugh Hall ~ 27 Crescent Street ~ 15223. A blended format class is available for the CPO where you complete 8 hours of self-paced online training and attend in-person class on the 2nd day.
- August 30, 2023 – Pesticide Applicator Core & Category 24 Credits Seminar
9:00 am – 12:00 pm – Core (6 credits) ~ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm – Category 24 (4 credits)
This class will be held at the Comfort Inn ~ 699 Rodi Road ~ 15235
Check the status of your Pesticide license here before registering. If you see “Credits needed by 09/30/2023” (or 09/30/2024 or 09/30/2025), this class is for you! If you see “0 credits needed”, you should not register for this class.
- Check back in early July for fall class registration
Certified Pool/Spa Operator (CPO) – September 19 & 20, 2023 (tentative)
Pesticide Applicator Core & Category 24 Closed Book Exams and Review – September 26, 2023 (tentative)
Advance Registration is Required for All Classes:
- All class registrations must be paid in full via check or credit card at the time of registration.
- We are unable to invoice for classes.
- Registration closes 2 weeks before the class date.
- We reserve the right to cancel a class if a minimum threshold of 15 students is not met.
Cancellation, Substitution and Transfer Policy:
- You may request, in writing, to cancel your registration up to two weeks prior to your class start date and receive a refund less a materials fee ($100 2-Day CPO, $150 CPO Fusion, $150 Pesticide).
- You may request, in writing, to send a substitute registrant at any time for the CPO. Substitution within two weeks of the Pesticide exam requires approval by the PA Department of Agriculture.
- You may request to transfer to a future class with payment of a $60 change fee, provided the request is received in writing no later than 48 hours prior to the start of class.
- There are no refunds, cancellations or transfers permitted within 48 hours of the class start.